Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine - Glycerin Free. Cola®Teric CBS-HP is a glycerin-free amphoteric surfactant in the sultaine class. Cola®Teric CBS-HP exhibits outstanding surface activity, wetting, foaming, and compatibility in a wide variety of applications. Due to its amphoteric nature, Cola®Teric CBS-HP is compatible with cationic, anionic, and nonionic surfactants. The compatibility and stability of formulations containing Cola®Teric CBS-HP are maintained over a broad pH range.
In industrial applications, Cola®Teric CBS-HP is compatible and stable in systems containing acids, alkali, electrolytes and detergent builders. Cola®Teric CBS-HP has excellent lime soap dispersing properties. Cola®Teric CBS-HP is a mild detergent that will help stabilize foam and build viscosity.
Cola®Teric CBS-HP is free of processing aids and preservatives, allowing greater formulator flexibility for all type of cleansing formulations. Cola®Teric CBS-HP also displays greater hydrotroping properties than Betaines to deliver extra clarity in household and personal care formulas.
COLA®TERIC SULTAINES ARE "GREENER"
More natural raw materials are used in the manufacture of Cola®Teric cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine than other leading brands. For formulators interested in making their product more eco-friendly, Cola®Teric sultaines offer greener and more sustainable characteristics.
- High foaming amphoteric surfactant derived from fatty acids
- Mild on skin and eyes
- High electrolyte tolerance
- Compatible with a broad surfactant range
- Develops higher viscosity than the triglyceride-based Cola®Teric CBS
- No preservatives
Cola®Teric brand Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine products include multiple solutions that provide the selection of the “right sultaine” for every formulation – and with no California Proposition 65 concerns. A selection guide can be found here.
Cola®Teric CBS-HP is “Derived Natural” with a Natural Origin Index of 0.75 in accordance with ISO 16128 guideline.
TSCA, REACH, DSL, AICS, PICCS, IECSC, NZIoC
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Whole Foods Market® Eco-Scale™ ingredient
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient
- Readily biodegradable per OECD 301 methods. This product meets the criteria for a surfactant under the EU Detergents Regulation (EC) 648/2004.