Colonial Monolaurin is a unique, multifunctional compound made from lauric acid obtained from sustainable plant sources. When compared with standard “monoglycerides,” Colonial Monolaurin has multiple positive characteristics not typically found in a single product and offers elegance and utility to personal care and pharmaceutical products.
WHY USE COLONIAL MONOLAURIN?
- 1,4 - Dioxane-free
- 100% naturally-derived and nontoxic
- Anti-microbial properties
- Shown to inactivate bacteria, viruses and fungi/yeast
WHAT DOES IT DO?
- Provide strong self-preservation activity
- Promotes the penetration of actives through the skin
- Co-emulsifier with other surfactants
- Enhances the aesthetics of formulations with excellent rub-out
- Creates superior stability in emulsions of all types
- Leave-on products
- Body cream
- Body butters
- Lip balm
- Facial cream
- Stretch mark creams
- Hand sanitizers
- Roll-on antiperspirants
- Cold sore medicine
- Foot creams
Colonial Monolaurin is “Derived Natural” with a Natural Origin Index of 1 in accordance with ISO 16128 guideline.
USA (TSCA); Canada (DSL); EU (REACH); Australia (AICS); Japan (ENCS); Korea (ECL); China (IECSC & IECIC); Philippines (PICCS); New Zealand (NZIOC); Taiwan (NECI)
- ECOCERT Approved Raw Material
- COSMOS Approved
- NSF®/ANSI 305-2012
- Natural Products Association Certified Ingredient
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient