Suga®Nate 100NC is a high foaming sulfonated surfactant based on a naturally derived alkyl polyglucoside derivative. Suga®Nate 100NC offers good emulsification, mildness to the skin, and excellent lime soap dispersion to give the formulator maximum flexibility in the preparation of light and heavy-duty cleaners. Suga®Nate 100NC can be used in dishwashing liquids that feature outstanding grease emulsification, mildness to the hands, and excellent foam stability. Suga®Nate 100NC exhibits superior cleaning in very hard water, reducing the need for expensive builder in the formulation. It is also suitable for use in acidic formulations such as those containing glycolic or α-hydroxy acids. The stability of Suga®Nate 100NC at any pH makes it desirable in many formulations for industrial, institutional and household applications.
- Naturally derived
- Extremely mild to skin and eyes
- Builds wet, dense, stable foam
- Excellent wetting properties
- Stable over broad pH range
- Excellent lime soap dispersion
- Excellent emulsification
- Compatible with other surfactants
- Excellent hydrotroping properties
- Safe for the environment
- Safe for humans
- Carpet cleaners
- Hard surface cleaners
- Dish washing products
- Hand soaps
- Toilet bowl cleaners
- Hand wipes
Suga®Nate 100NC is the recipient of the EPA’s New Chemicals Program Pollution Prevention (P2) Recognition Award. Innovative new chemicals are selected for recognition by the New Chemicals Program P2 Recognition Project because they promote source reduction as well as safety goals, in particular when the innovative chemistries substitute for existing chemicals posing greater risks. Suga®Nate 100NC is selected because it is a sulfonated surfactant based on the renewable resource of alkyl polyglucoside, a naturally-derived, sustainable raw material. This primary surfactant is readily biodegradable, soluble in water and non-irritating to the skin. Suga®Nate 100NC is a safe replacement for heavily ethoxylated surfactants.
EYE/SKIN IRRITATION TESTING
Ocular Irritation Testing: MatTek EpiOcular™ Eye Irritation Test
28.9 mins. (ET-50 score) Minimally-Irritating
Acute Skin Irritation
48 Hour Occlusive skin patch test: On human volunteers - 53 Test Subjects: no visible skin reaction, no potential for dermal irritation.
Repeat Insult Patch testing (HRIPT): no potential for dermal irritation or allergic contact sensitization.
Suga®Nate 100NC is “Derived Natural” with a Natural Origin Index of 1 in accordance with ISO 16128 guideline.
US (TSCA): Canada (NDSL): EU (REACH): Taiwan (NECI)
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ Ingredient
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Nate 100NC as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Suga®Nate 100NC also meets criteria for direct release and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are intended for use in applications that do not go into a sewer or septic system, so they need to have a shorter biodegradation time. Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
- Readily biodegradable per OECD 301 methods. This product meets the criteria for a surfactant under the EU Detergents Regulation (EC) 648/2004.