Non Irritating Surfactant
Suga®Nate 160NC is a naturally-derived, high-performance surfactant that provides numerous advantages for a variety of formulations. Using Suga®Nate 160NC, formulators can start with a high-foaming product and build to preferred aesthetic properties, without concerns of irritation to eyes and skin. Suga®Nate 160NC is also very low in toxicity and cost-effective when compared to other surfactants used in typical sulfate-free formulations.
Suga®Nate 160NC is “Derived Natural” with a Natural Origin Index of 1 in accordance with ISO 16128 guideline.
- Derived from renewable feedstock sources
- Biodegradable, safe for the environment
- Very low in irritation and toxicity compared to ordinary sulfates, ether sulfates, sulfonates or AOS
- EO free (1,4-Dioxane free)
- Non-irritating to skin, eyes (HET-CAM 0.0)
- Builds a high, wet, dense, stable foam
- Stable over a broad pH range
- Meets demanding regulatory requirements including NPA, NSF, DFE and USDA Biobased
- Shipped preservative-free
- Sulfate-free shampoos
- Low and high-pH shampoos
- Bath gels and body washes
- Facial cleansers
- Baby cleansing products
- Personal care wipes
- Make-up removers
- Pet shampoos
- Non-irritating bubble baths
Suga®Nate 160NC has exceptionally mild qualities when compared to other ingredients commonly used in formulary. For a complete chart of ingredients with HET-CAM values in comparison, click here.
USA (TSCA); EU (REACH); Canada (NDSL); Australia (AICS); New Zealand (NZIoC); Taiwan (NECI)
- Conforms to NSF/ANSI 305-2012
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient
Suga®Nate 160NC meets the requirements for ingredients that may be included in goods and services bearing Nordic Swan ecolabelling.
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Nate 160NC as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Suga®Nate 160NC also meets criteria for direct release and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are intended for use in applications that do not go into a sewer or septic system, so they need to have a shorter biodegradation time. Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
- Readily biodegradable per OECD 301 methods. This product meets the criteria for a surfactant under the EU Detergents Regulation (EC) 648/2004.